An implementation (typically a Python plugin) for accessing a particular type of storage using a specific protocol.
Actions in ftrack provide a standardised way to integrate other tools, either off-the-shelf or custom built, directly into your ftrack workflow.
- Application programming interface.
- A Python library that offers a sensible, human-friendly approach to creating, manipulating, formatting and converting dates, times, and timestamps. Read more at http://crsmithdev.com/arrow/
- A container for asset versions, typically representing the output from an artist. For example, ‘geometry’ from a modeling artist. Has an asset type that categorises the asset.
- asset type
- Category for a particular asset.
- asset version
- A specific version of data for an asset. Can contain multiple components.
- A container to hold any type of data (such as a file or file sequence). An asset version can have any number of components, each with a specific name. For example, a published version of geometry might have two components containing the high and low resolution files, with the component names as ‘hires’ and ‘lowres’ respectively.
- Style guide for Python code. Read the guide at https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/
Python plugins are used by the API to extend it with new functionality, such as locations or actions.
- A programming language that lets you work more quickly and integrate your systems more effectively. Often used in creative industries. Visit the language website at http://www.python.org
- Python package index. The Python Package Index or PyPI is the official third-party software repository for the Python programming language. Visit the website at https://pypi.python.org/pypi
- resource identifier
A string that is stored in ftrack as a reference to a resource (such as a file) in a specific location. Used by accessors to determine how to access data.